Here you will find the previous updates of this site since
it was first uploaded in February 19, 2009.
- The ROM file for my highly-acclaimed Princess Quest
game for MSX is now available. Enjoy it!
- Mecha-9 is now in heavy beta testing for MSX
and Colecovision, it should be available by December 2015 ;)
- My Colecovision emulator, CoolCV v0.5.1
now runs in Raspberry PI, and supports the two Colecovision controllers, higher
audio volume and Coleco ADAM support. The Mac version also now records audio
and saves screenshots.
- IntyBASIC goes to v1.2.3, with support for
saving in JLP-Flash, new SIGNED statement, SPRITE expr, SCREEN copy for big
maps, and new samples and contributions.
- Toledo Atomchess had a bug that I've solved,
and I've decided to develop Toledo Atomchess Reloaded with valid movement
detection, castling, en passant and promotion (only to queen) in only 831
- I wrote IntyLander,
a lunar lander game for Intellivision, it includes multiple levels, random
landing locations and aliens.
- Also I've wrote IntyPak
for Intellivision, eat pills in a labyrinth chased by ghosts.
- Tony Cruise reviews the M letter of his MSX collection and decides that
Mecha-8 is the best
game (at minute 8).
- My movie reviews
Mad Max: Fury Road,
San Andreas and
Spy (all in Spanish).
- Princess Quest for Intellivision is now
available for ordering,
get your copy before it's too late! :)
- Space Raid for Intellivision is now sold out,
last few copies are available from Good Deal Games.
Still remaining some copies of the Atari edition.
- I've ported Zombie Near and
Mecha-8 to run in Spectravideo SV-318, more news soon :)
- 6th anniversary of this site, thanks everyone!
- Visit my new creation Toledo Atomchess, a
tiny-sized limited chess program in only 481 bytes of x86 assembly code.
- IntyBASIC updated to v1.0.1 with many optimizations
and including contributed games Apple Catcher and Clowns&Ballons.
- My Christmas gift for you, the ROM of
Princess Quest for Colecovision is now
- From Ecuador, Rubén Darío Jaramillo contributed a fork of
(Fischer Random) and also a variation with 200 famous positions.
- Space Raid for Intellivision is sold out and a new batch is in its way, still available some Atari copies, get yours! :)
- Now available IntyBASIC v1.0
with support for decimal visualization, Intellivoice and many enhancements.
- Happy holidays!
- The first batch of Mecha-8 for Colecovision
is near to sold out, less than 10 remain ;)
- I'm developing a version of Space Raid for
Intellivision. It will be available solely in cartridge from
- First look at the
artwork of Mecha
Eight box for Colecovision. The game will come in transparent blue cartridges :)
- Check Chesslings
by Marcelo Ricardo de Oliveira, a chess game with animated figures using
chessboard using keyboard.
- Mecha Eight will be available for
Colecovision! Team Pixelboy is
getting on charge of publishing it. The 128K Megacart will be available in
- Princess Quest for Colecovision started
shipping in past Christmas, 256K Megacarts! First batch sold out and another
will be available soon. Cartridge reservations at
Team Pixelboy's page.
- Mecha Eight for MSX started shipping
in Dec/20/2012. You can obtain it from
- Zombie Near for
Colecovision started shipping in early Dec/2012. You can get your cartridge
from Collectorvision's site.
- And every cartridge packed in beautiful boxes with awesome graphical
designs and detailed manuals :)
glance at artwork of Princess
Quest's box for Colecovision. Check it! :)
- The IOCCC started its 21th contest, a
great opportunity for C programmers around the world to show its expertise.
I've decided to not participate as already I've won five times. It's time to
leave space for other contestants ;)
- I've translated my game Princess Quest to
Colecovision consoles and it will be published by
Team Pixelboy. The greatest capacity
cartridge ever made for Colecovision, using 256K of ROM. Contact now Team
Pixelboy to get into the list for your limited edition collector's
- Recently I've received my Princess Quest
cartridge from Matra, excellent
design and quality packaging for this epic smooth pixel-scrolling game. ;)
- My new game Mecha Eight competed at
MSXdev'11 with excellent public
acclaim, reaching fifth place over nine contestants. Fight for the freedom of a
planet commanding Mecha-8 against aliens.
- A new year, a new project! :). My new game
Princess Quest was sold at the
Nijmegen MSX Fair at the
Netherlands, and you can order the cartridge right now from
Bitwise. A medieval knight fighting
hordes of monsters to rescue a princess!.
- I'm very pleased to announce that
I've won for the fifth
time the IOCCC :), with a
3D Tanks game for two-players runnable in X/Window.
Source code available soon.
- A little reorganization of this site: now everything of
chess in its own section and I've expanded the
- And this way I came to the third anniversary of this site!, thanks you very
much for your visit.
- Recently the IOCCC has published the
winners' files of the 19th contest (with judges' comments) and the
all-years winners list has been
- Happy holidays!.
- I've translated my game "Zombie Near" to
Colecovision consoles, preorder now your cartridge from
Collectorvision and choose from
two gorgeous box designs, hurry up because there will be only a limited
quantity of cartridges.
- Andrés Moreno from Spain has done several modifications to my
authorization he published them at
1kchess.com, enjoy it!
- Toledo Nanochess strived at the Promo
category of the XVII edition of
ChessWar ran by Olivier Deville, it obtained place 127 of 200 with 5
points of 11 possible, an excellent result for a program whose source code
barely fills half of a paper sheet. :)
- An enhanced version of "Zombie Near" was
sold at the 39nd MSX user's meeting at
Barcelona, Spain, this brand new cartridge for MSX computers can be ordered
from Matra or
- Phil Mainwaring from Wales, United Kingdom kindly shares his own version of
external files and sizes up to only 2235 bytes, download at forks section of
- Second anniversary of this site!, thanks you very much for your visit.
- I've contributed the Spanish traslation for
a popular interface for chess engines, with it you can play
Toledo Nanochess WinBoard.
- I've wrote a Tiny Chess for the
JS1K contest, the world's first chess
it will validate moves, queen-only promotion, without castling and en
- The war of 1K chess programs,
check this interesting Matt Round's
with more variety and illuminates last piece moved.
- I've participated in Mexico Radio 106.1
FM Alterna at Cuernavaca, Morelos, in
"Planeta Digital" Aug/04 program
(audio in Spanish), interviewed by
Antulio Sánchez, I speak about the
Internet browser and operating system developed by
Familia Toledo organization,
also speaks my father and my sister.
with Unicode graphics and improved visualization for popular browsers.
- Inspired by Toledo Nanochess, the Mathematician
John A. Moody from the Warwick University at United Kingdom wrote his own
in 2.7 kilobytes, currently doesn't detect illegal moves and
doesn't handle castling nor en passant.
- First anniversary of this site!. Thanks for your visit!.
- New Toledo Java Chess, the current world's
smallest chess program written in Java language!.
- The WinBoard version of Toledo Nanochess has
been updated to solve a bug in time control.
- Added to the FAQ instructions for modification
of Toledo Nanochess WinBoard to work with XBoard
under *NIX/Mac OS X.
- Toledo Nanochess had a mention in the article
Full ZX-81 Chess
in 1K of the
Plastik Media blog (in Hungarian), the picture
remembers me that I've one TS1000 (the North American version of the ZX81)
somewhere but not under the door. :)
- More chess links.
- Six months of updates moved to the archive.
- Toledo Nanochess now sizes up at 1257
non-blank characters, one character smaller!, also was updated
- The Australian website
www.rooloose.com published with my
integrated graphics, looks nice :)
- Happy holidays!.
- Now included the two previous revisions of Toledo
Chess 1 along with a brief history and some curious facts.
- Toledo Nanochess now is twelve characters
smaller and 50% faster.
- The Winboard version now allows time control, so its strength is
- The FAQ was updated.
- Toledo Nanochess battled at Olivier Deville's
ChessWar XIV tournament,
Promo category. The result was 5.0 points of 11 possible, standing up at
position 129, ahead of 83 competitors. Also it obtained a score of 1423 ELO
points, a good result for a program so small.
- More chess links.
- Toledo Nanochess now is one character smaller
and 40% faster.
- Check out the new version with integrated Winboard interface, in only
- More links.
Last modified: Jan/12/2016